KUPR is a listener-supported radio station. Without you, we cannot stay on the air because, unlike other public radio stations, low power stations receive no government funding. Your contributions are tax deductible and fall into the following categories. (You can also print out a chart with this information be clicking below.)
UNDERWRITERS: Businesses and not-for-profit organizations who underwrite the station (or specific programming) in order to air a message about their business or organization. Underwriting spots are produced in blocks of ten 30-second announcements with flexible scheduling.
- Hall of Fame: Superstars who continue to support KUPR with a substantial contribution every year are recognized in the Hall of Fame.
- Superstars: For $600 or more or a recurring donation of at least $50 a month, you can support KUPR's community broadcasting 365 days a year. You will be acknowledged on the air and recognized on the KUPR website.
- Rockstars: For $300 or more (up to $599) or a recurring donation of $25 a month, you can support KUPR's community broadcasting 365 days a year. You will be recognized on the KUPR website.
- Fans: Supporters who make a one time donation or pledge a monthly contribution in an amount not qualifying you as a Superstar or Rockstar are KUPR Fans. No gift is too small! Our fans are recognized on this website unless they choose to remain anonymous . We wouldn't be here without you!
- Listeners: No donation required. Just pass the word and drop us a line from time to time to let us know what you enjoy about KUPR,
It's easy! To make a donation, just mail a check to KUPR, Post Office Box 888, Placitas, New Mexico 87043 OR click the "Donate" button below to process payment through your Pay Pal account, debit card or credit card. To underwrite KUPR and promote your business or non-profit, just contact your favorite KUPR personality.
Most people no longer receive tax benefits for their charitable donations because they take the standard deduction, as opposed to itemizing deductions. ... For those of you 70-1/2 or older who are receiving mandatory distributions from a qualified plan, donating via a Qualified Charitible Distribution can offset taxable income As a program of Las Placitas Association, KUPR can be the beneficiary of such a donation. Qualified Charitable Distribution is particularly valuable if you do not need the cash and just take it because the IRS says you must. Your financial advisor can arrange this distribution for you from your preferred IRA account.
And remember, you can make an affordable monthly donation by clicking PayPal's "Make This Recurring (Monthly)" button!